If you’re buying a home in 2018 and would like to have a smooth, successful transition, here are a few tips you might want to consider.
1. Check your credit often. There could be items on your credit report that you may not know about.
2. Don’t open new credit cards or make big purchases. It’s good to have great credit card history showing timely payments and no late fees.
3. Have a savings account.
4. Ask family for cash gifts on special occasions. A big-screen TV for your birthday might be great, but having a home to put it in is even better. This extra cash can also be put towards home inspections, closing costs, and furnishings.
5. Keep tabs on the interest rates. Whether rates are going up or down, remember that you may not qualify for the very best interest rate; it depends on your credit history, job history, and who your lender is.
6. Work with a lender. It’s never too early to begin working with a lender. You need to find out your purchasing power before you start calling the Realtor to visit potential properties. Do this by getting pre-approved early in the process. The lender will also be able to advise you on special programs that could help you with the loan.
7. Give me a call. I’ll be able to help you through the process of searching for properties, getting to the closing table, and owning your own home. The Star Team at Bluewater Real Estate has a buyer’s guide that is very helpful with the entire process from start to finish.
If have any questions or need any assistance with buying a home, feel free to reach out to me by phone or email. I’d love to help.